Manisha is a Prime Minister's Research Fellow (PMRF) and started her Ph.D. at the School of Physics, IISER TVM in 2020. Before joining IISER TVM she completed her M.Sc. from IIT Guwahati and B.Sc. from the University of Delhi. She is working on magneto-electric materials for energy-efficient Non-volatile memory (NVM). She is a student member of IEEE Magnetic Society.
Ph.D. in Physics: (present) - IISER-Trivandrum under Dr. Tuhin Maity
Masters in Physics (2018-2020) - Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
B.SC. in Physics (2015-2018) - Miranda House, University of Delhi, India
• Received Prime Minister's Research Fellowship 2021
• CSIR NET 2020, AIR-60
• GATE 2020, AIR-162
• JEST 2020, AIR-320
• IIT JAM Physics 2018, AIR-242
Material science and nano-science
• Won poster award in the IISER-TVM's Frontier Symposium in Physics 2022 (FS-PHY 2022).
• Won best poster award in the 2022 Joint MMM-Intermag Conference.
• Received Prime Minister's Research Fellowship 2021.
• Selected to receive $5,000 educational seed funding from the IEEE Magnetics Society. The funding is for a collaborative project with Louise Colfer/Dr. Lynette Keeney from Tyndall National Institute (Ireland).
• Secured 3rd position in the competition 3 minutes concept at Iridescence 2017 organised by Vidyut, The Physics Society at Miranda House, University of Delhi.
• Worked on a project (2016) - Cardboard Piano using Arduino at D.S. Kothari Centre for Research and Innovation in Science Education, Miranda House, University of Delhi.
• Completed one week in the "INSPIRE Internship programme-2013" organised by Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi, Department of Science and Technology.
• Awarded by Directorate Of Education Govt Of Nct Delhi in State Level Science and Environment for children (2012) for a model on a theme -Mathematical Modelling.
• Awarded in Science Exhibition on green energy (2011 and 2012) organised by Directorate Of Education Govt Of Nct Delhi.
Extracurricular & Interests:
Writing poems, Reading books, Swimming and Dancing